Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rubbernecking Kills...

We all know not to be texting while we're driving or putting mascara on as we're flying down the highway. Those types of behaviors cause accidents. It's a proven fact.

Well, I would like to know if flea markets have been researched regarding their contribution to traffic accidents!

On my way to work this morning, I passed by a flea market I see every day. Only today, they had put a bunch of new stuff outside the store. Well, naturally, I tried to see exactly what treasures might be available to purchase. As I rubbernecked the display, I let my car veer to the right until my tires hit the tread next to the shoulder that vibrates your car to let you know you are on your way to an accident. (By the way, meeting the genius who designed that is on my bucket list!)

I really think it might be wise to put some restrictions on flea markets allowing them only to put non-rubberneck-worthy items outside their stores.

It could save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment